EarthNC’s Marine Chart’s apps support creating, saving and editing waypoints quite well. But there’s a few steps involved…and while we’re working on making it easier to do so, here are some basics steps.
1) First, from the map view, make sure you’ve enabled “My Waypoints” in the Layers menu.
2) Once done, return to the main Map window and select the Flag button and select “Drop Pin” or “Drop Pin Near Me” (which uses your current GPS position).
3) Give the waypoint a name for easy recall and note that it provides your lat / long. You can also move the point around with your finger in this view.
4) Click “Save” and you should see your waypoint on the Map view Note, you cannot edit it here (this is one thing we’re working on).
5) At any point in time, you can go to your “Saved” menu, select the Flag button (waypoints) and see a list of your saved waypoints. Note, in this screen you can easily delete a waypoint by sliding a finger to the right on any waypoint listing.
6) Select the Action button on the top right of the screen and select whatever activity you want to perform (Export, Show on Map, Guide Me, etc.)
Try that out. Remember, you really can’t break the app, so tinker around with the functions to get your bearings straight.
The EarthNC Team