Product Support and Feedback
Thank you for visiting our support page! If you’re having an issue, we recommend you start with our How-tos and Frequently Asked Questions. If you can’t find your answer there, then the quickest way to reach our support team is to click on the orange “feedback & support” tabs found on most of the pages on the site.
Note, if you’re a natural techie and have managed to produce a bug report (a snapshot of the error message), you can email the developers at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Bug reports help us reproduce an uknown problem, and we almost always fix reproducible bugs very quickly.
- Non-Obvious Features
- How-to Create a Planned Route
- How-to Record a Route
- How-to Download Maps
- How-to Import GPX (Routes and Waypoints)
- How-to Export GPX (Routes and Waypoints)
- How-to Change Your Map Source
- How-to Mark a Waypoint
- How-to Reduce Battery Loss
- What maps are included in the app? Can I check them out before I buy the app?
- My iPad has no built-in GPS, will the app still work on my device?
- I have an idea for a new feature Marine Charts should develop. Who do I tell about this idea?
- How do I get help from Marine Charts for a specific problem that is not addressed in your manual?
- You’re not getting a GPS signal in the app*? Try one of the following two things to fix it:
- (1) Shut down the app completely. From your iPhone home screen, double press the Home button. Then, press and hold the Marine Charts icon in the task bar. Once it starts wiggling, press it to stop it, as you would normally do to delete an app.
- (2) If shutting down the app doesn’t work, rebooting your phone will do the trick.
- *Note: If your phone is in airplane mode, the GPS won’t operate, and the app can’t record tracks.
- If Marine Charts stops working, you can delete it from your phone and redownload it from the App Store for free (a dialog will tell you the download is free when it starts). If this ever happens to you, we’re very sorry for the problem. Please email us and tell us what happened.