Just in time for the New Year, we managed to get an update in before Apple shut things down for the year. This update includes several fixes and a couple of new goodies:
* We now have a new set of beautiful Topo maps available directly in the app.
* You can queue up multiple downloads at one time (this is great if you’re looking to batch a bunch of chart areas for a long trip or multiple trips).
* Map download progress is now indicated by a % complete and progress on the saved screen
* The app now makes sure you have all of your downloaded map tiles – this triggers whenever the app is updated, and you can also manually activate it via Settings
* The location blue dot will now show on the Satellite Map, even without activating Locate Me
* Map data will no longer sync to iCloud (a big savings) – we implemented Apple’s no-backup feature that went live in iOS 5.01
* Fixed the bug where the map would zoom improperly when you activated Details view fro a POI on the map
And that should hold us for the next few weeks. As always, please keep your comments and suggestions coming by visiting our UserVoice page.